Tuesday 31 July 2007

The catch-up

Haven't written in ages...so here is what has gone down:
  1. We all did leave Port Pirie, we left on the Tuesday
  2. I did get to see theatre for one day, it was gynie day....I am def not a lesbian!
  3. Got to spend the day with my boyfriend on his actual birthday
  4. Had actual week and half of holidays

Now more recently, I started back at the my usual adelaide hospital, I am now in neurosurgery which has been great. I feel like I am back in a ward where it feels like they want me. I have so far in my two week there learnt heaps and actually feel part of the team.

In other more sadder news, a man that had huge impact on both mine and many others lives, especially my boyfriends family past away last monday morning. He was battling bowel cancer for the past year or so, and couple days before he pasted he got jaundice and went into liver family. This man was a at my school and was a brother, but not your usual kind of brother. He was a grumpy man yet strangly infectious and very funny man. In younger years you are afraid of him, or I was but now and when I was part of the senior school, you are just drawn to him. You are no longer afriad of him, but see him as someone from the school, a teacher of sort who you actually want to invite to 18th and 21st birthdays, see at the pub etc.

He was an amazing man, someone who will also be such a big part of my memories of high school. I thank god that I met him, got to know him better than others, and now I thank god that he's no longer in pain. I just hope st. peter has his socks pulled up and had a hair cut!

No comments: